It’s here! We know through our own marketing efforts how important it is to stay up on your digital channels. It’s likely you need lots of fresh digital content for your blog, Facebook, Twitter, marketing/content emails, and LinkedIn – perhaps you need content to post to even more places.
Successful agents consistently post content across multiple digital channels. We have many clients with staff dedicated to this very task. A strong, active web presence helps agents stay fresh in their networks and drive up their SEO. The information tends to be: new listings, recently sold homes, events they are attending or hosting, positive client feedback, and helpful info for homeowners (which is usually purchased through a service or shared from another website).
We’d like to assist with this effort. One of the reasons you might be mailing a 12-page Discover publication is because it breaks through the clutter, setting you apart. The content inside your paper can work for you in the same way on your digital and social channels. We are already producing custom, stand-out content for you – two stories about your neighborhood, a featured listing, and call-to-action imagery – so we are now breaking out and packaging these items together in multiple formats for you. You will receive several pieces per issue plus additional pieces with your first mailing, and we will show you exactly how to use them optimally.
This service, included with every publication at no additional charge, includes everything on the list below. Images will be provided in one format: low resolution, which is the ideal resolution for online channels.
- Modified title bar (“header”) in a social-media-friendly shape
- Home Value Report call-out box (if you have one)
- One each of all your additional call-out boxes
- Flip-book URL of entire paper for web use (with working links)
- Thumbnail of the top of your paper where the headline is visible, or of the full front page if you prefer
- Word doc of each article
- Image of Featured Listing
- Image of Sold Stats or “Market Update” box
We’ll help you use these items effectively. Our friendly Discover staff will spend as much time as it takes to ensure you are getting the most out of your digital content package. These are our suggestions:
- Use on your blog or website (5 posts per month):
- Articles – post full articles
- E-Edition – post the modified header image and underlay the flip-book link, which will take them to your whole 12-page publication. Include a paragraph about how you publish a community paper and what to check out this month
- Featured Listing – post the featured listing spread, discuss the listing, and include a link to the listing itself
- Sold Stats image – post this diagram and talk briefly about what that data means for the community
- Use on marketing emails (4 emails per month):
- Articles – use these as stand-alone content emails (2 per month). TIP: include the community name in the subject line so recipients don’t think it’s generic content, and be sure to include a link to the corresponding blog post to help SEO
- E-Edition – use this in your e-newsletter (with the title bar image as what to click to get to it) or as part of an existing email. We advise not sending this as stand-alone email due to the redundancy with other content
- Featured Listing – use this as stand-alone email. Include the Featured Listing picture and link it to the blog post about the listing
- Sold Stats – use this as a stand-alone email with the image, brief market update, and a link to the blog post you created
- We advise a maximum of 6 emails per month, so keep this in mind when considering other emails you plan to send out
- Use on social media (5+ posts per month):
- Each item – post all of the above on all platforms by using the image, writing a short description, and linking to corresponding blog posts, other webpage, online form
- Call-out boxes – use these images, especially the Home Value Report, as images for Facebook advertising or posting. Because it’s pretty promotional, we recommend restrained use of these as organic posts; they are better suited as paid ads. Use your home value report URL, online form, or other URL as the link for the image
- We recommend at least one Facebook and at least three Tweets post per day. In general, more is better, as long as your content doesn’t suffer too much. Don’t be afraid to post the same article and market update a few times in a month, and be sure to continue to your regular posting
We hope you’re as excited about your digital package as we are! As the season slows, now is the time learn how to take full advantage of all these wonderful digital resources. Yes, there is a learning curve, but we promise it is worth the investment, and that it will soon take little time and become second nature. Please let us know your feedback, and… Happy Marketing!