One of the first lessons I learned back in 1981 when I started my career was that if I have all the listings, I’ll have all the sales.”
Dale Ross is a real estate agent serving the the Greater Houston, Texas area. His career as a premier Realtor began in the Houston and Katy areas in 1981.
Named a Top 20 Real Estate Agent in Houston, Texas in 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. The Dale Ross Realty Group is consistently named as one of the Top 20 Real Estate sales groups in their region.
- Traditional real estate marketing tactics weren’t providing adequate Return on Investment.
- For 15 years, Dale Ross used postcards as his primary marketing tool. He went from mailing 200 postcards each month to 1,800 every three weeks.
- They did create awareness, however, the ROI was insignificant.
- Ross wanted to increase his average sale price, and he knew he needed a more robust direct mail piece. So, Ross created a newsletter on his own that cost him 80 cents each and 20 hours to complete.
- After a while of sending his newspaper, Ross realized that he needed an easier and more cost effective way to differentiate himself from his competition and generate more listings.
To meet his objectives, Ross turned to Discover Publications. He found that customized direct mail newspapers from Discover were much less expensive than his previous newspapers, and found that:
- Newspapers are attractive vehicles with space to showcase large amounts of listings
- The publications combine the influential power of direct mail towards purchase decision making with the soft-sell, reliable resource approach
- His prospects prefer them over postcards
- Rather than delivering strictly sales information and advertising, newspapers deliver the information that prospects want and will take the time to read