The best-kept secret from Realtors born after 1975 is the awesome power of great mail. For connecting with home-sellers it is far and away the MOST effective form of Direct Response marketing and the right format and message can be a powerful branding strategy for your team and you. Mail can make you a household name by getting your piece into the (actual) hands of thousands of seller prospects.
Industry leaders say one of the most underrated marketing practices is utilizing a real estate direct mail campaign. This simple yet effective marketing method continues to be one of the most powerful and proven marketing tools in the business – it enables sales agents to generate motivated seller leads and convert them into new clients.
Let’s take a look at the data behind the claim:
The United States Postal Service does lots of research and is a very reliable source of the latest information about how mail is used and its effectiveness. From the USPS Deliver Research:
- Direct Mail spending rose 3.3% from 2019 to 2020
- Businesses spend over $23 billion on Direct Mail which represents 12% of all advertising spending.
- 81% of recipients read or scan their mail daily
- 79% of consumers find reading mail more convenient than going online
- 58% of households with incomes over $65,000 purchases from Direct Mail in the last year.
- 42% of 25–34 year-olds (1st time homebuyers) said they read mail immediately and find it useful.
- Many businesses have discovered the positive impact Direct Mail provides to an integrated marketing campaign. Because it gets directly into the homes and hands of the campaign’s target, Direct Mail creates a one-to-one connection that is hard to match with broad-based media channels such as television and radio. It also lets you incorporate coupons, reply cards, mobile barcodes/QR Codes,® URLs, and other response mechanisms – making Direct Mail a workhorse for generating leads, traffic, and sales while your other media help drive interest and awareness.
The Mixed Blessing:
You are a Top Realtor so you probably have:
- Several great websites for promoting your listings
- Proven credentials with impressive numbers of transaction sides
- Top-notch, professional staging consultation for quick sales
- Photo, video and drone tech services to present your listings artfully in all channels
- Team staff members providing unmatched services for a painless sale
- Network of impeccable lenders, inspectors, attorneys, title companies
- Network of reliable staging craftsmen & women, interior & exterior services
- Exceptional relationships with Realtor colleagues to bring buyers to your listing
- Strong presence on major social and digital media
- Aggressive marketing strategy prepared to go from Day One
The Perennial Dilemma:
Q: Now, how do you tell all these great things to prospective home sellers?
A: We create a custom publication just for you and have a USPS carrier take it to their homes.
The Proverbial Bottom Line:
- Your end of this is really simple. Email us some of your listings, answer some of our questions about your practice, pick your broad mailing area, send us your sphere database, then wait for us to do the layout, design, printing, ink-jetting, postage paying, and mailing. You’ll have a dedicated Rep working with you the whole way.
- Expensive? Yes, or so it seems until ROI makes it’s cheap! This is a program, not a flash-in-the-pan. Some of our older clients have been mailing with us for up to 22 years! If they weren’t making significant money, they’d drop out in a New York minute, especially since our average order is 7,800 pieces a month at a cost of about $5,000. Many team clients farm all the way up to 60,000 homes!
- Effective. We urge you to track as much as possible so you’ll know how much business comes from your custom paper. It sends some readers to the your website and some to your phone. You’ll have the complete mailing list to back up the origin of each seller.