I track actual sales from the paper over spend. I get 4 to 5 times ROI per issue.”
Dave heads up Dave Friedman Real Estate, one of the top teams in the Charleston, South Carolina area
• Dave was voted 2014 Best Realtor in Charleston
• Dave and his team have consistently ranked in the top 1% worldwide
Dave Friedman Real Estate was aggressively trying to expand in 2015.
Dave was already a top performer; he had been voted Best Realtor in Charleston the previous year and has ranked in the top 1% worldwide most of his career. He was trying to move from market share to market domination, and was frustrated with the results of his marketing.
Prior to farming with a Discover publication, Dave’s team marketed with:
- An online presence
- Facebook advertising
- Radio ads on 3 stations
- Direct outreach to expired listings and FSBOs
- Door knocking
This strategy was effective at gaining traction and establishing the foundation of a successful business. While most of these tools were generating some leads, Dave faced the following issues while trying to expand:
- His existing marketing wasn’t helping him expand fast enough to hit his goals.
- Some of his marketing was losing money (negative ROI).
- He was using the same marketing approaches as other agents.
Dave was looking for a way to farm a large geographic area for listings, and needed a unique tool with a proven track record — one that was not being used by the competition.
Like most top producers, he sought the advice of a real estate coach who recommended he begin farming with an exclusive, custom Discover publication.
These are the actions Dave took in order to meet his aggressive growth goals:
- Creating a custom Discover publication and mailing to over 12,000 homes every 60 days
- Improving lead capture and conversion processes, which helps turn leads from The Mount Pleasant Press into listings
- Holding his team accountable to set a minimum of 3 listing appointments per week
- Publishing a call-to-action for the reader to go online for a free home value report
- Including non-profit organizations in his paper, which drives awareness and resources to charitable causes while providing local content for the publication
Like most top producers, he took the advice of a real estate coach who recommended he begin farming with an exclusive, custom Discover Publication.