Top real estate agents know the value of becoming the go-to person in their community. Here are five ways they’re getting ahead.
Why is being the “go-to person” in your community so important for a real estate agent? The industry is a very personal business, people need to feel comfortable with the agent they choose. Establishing yourself as that go to person assures people that you are a community leader, and the person they want to work with. Being active locally will create new business, referrals and lasting friendships within the community.
- Hold free seminars – educate people on the local market, refinancing, retirement. Free seminars are a great way to meet people in the community and let them know you care. You are their real estate agent, and their resource when it comes to anything industry related.
- Host an annual past client party – rent out a movie theater, the local zoo or just have a BBQ. This is a great way to show appreciation to your past clients and build a personal relationship with them. Also get referral business!
- Consistent direct mail and online marketing – As a real estate agent, you always want to stay in front of your market. Marketing will allow the general public to know you, people want to work with someone they know and trust.
- Community Fundraisers – Hosting fundraiser events for the local schools, or building a team to participate in a cancer walk are great ways to show you care about the community and are actively giving back.
- Advertise that fact your audience and clients may call your office for anything – Need a contractor? Call my office, I can refer someone. Want to refinance your home? Call my office we will help get you on the right path. Just another great way to help people in the community and let them know you are their go-to real estate agent for everything and anything.